It's the second week of my new Weeknotes journey. Let's see what I've got today:
- Responsive design and container queries? Oh my! is a high-level view on the new and upcoming container queries. Looking forward to broader browser support for this!
- Thinking Is Work is a great reminder that thinking is a critical part of our job. It isn't true that thinking always needs to happen tethered to a screen. In a remote world with lots of meeting, we should consider more deep thinking without screens and don't feel guilty about it.
- The pros and cons of remote office work is a short reflection on remote work. Not a binary summary, but gray opinions.
- What Instagram really learned from hiding like counts — Some insights around the testing that happen for the past years inside Instagram focusing on e.g. public like counts.
- I just bought and started with the new A Best-in-Class iOS App book series. Not much to say about the content yet, but definitely something you might want to check out, if you are interested in building iOS apps.
- Big Mail is an upcoming mail client that looks promising. Lots of similar features to HEY but with the benefit of still being able to use your email provider. Can't wait to give it a try.
- Hej — Color-matched desktop wallpapers is yet another beautiful wallpaper kit by Hector Simpson. While this set is designed to match the new iMacs, it's a general great evolution to his previous wallpaper set called Aqueux.