This week was WWDC 2021 week. As most of my consumption circled around this event, this issue will primarily focus on WWDC.
- The practice of inclusive design — A detailed how-to overview on designing inclusive content for your interface, language and everything else. The process of inclusive design is another session on this topic (still need to watch that one).
- Design for Safari 15 — Not a big fan of the big design changes Safari 15 introduced. Nevertheless, this is a good session to learn more about the things you need to keep in mind, when designing for it (especially on mobile).
- Discoverable design — Good session on how to make your designs more discoverable. Maybe the Safari team, could watch it as well.
- What's new in Foundation — A session with lots of nice new features. New date formatting, automatic grammar agreement and much more.
- Meet async/await in Swift — async/await is in Swift now. 🚀
- What's new in SwiftUI — Must-Watch if you do anything with SwiftUI.
- Demystify SwiftUI — Goes some levels deeper into SwiftUI to make several fundamental mental models and idea easier to understand.
- What is new in SwiftUI after WWDC21 — Great summary on all the SwiftUI changes and shiny features.
- Using SwiftUI’s AsyncImage to render remote images from URLs — AsyncImage was one of the most unexpected and astonishing new features in SwiftUI.
- The best demo at WWDC 2021 — Dieter Bohn talks in more detail about Universal Control.
- The Talk Show Remote From WWDC 2021 — The usual John Gruber WWDC interview with Craig Federighi and Greg Joswiak.
- WWDC 2021 Questions & Answers From Slack (The Unofficial Archive) — Some good insights from the official WWDC 2021 Slack Workspace, which got closed after this week.
- The Five Most Common Product Designer Mistakes — Insightful Twitter 🧵 about product designers and common mistakes.